Fashion inspired cakes like handbag cakes, Nigerian wrapper cakes and make up cakes are not complete without a edible gumpaste sugar shoe cake topper. These shoe cake toppers can be very tricky to make free hand or you will have to buy different cutters and paper templates to complete your project. Marcia Brown of Designerart cakes has made cake decorators life simple by designing and creating this 10 tools ultimate high heel sugar shoe cake kit. With this complete kit you can create many types of high heel edible shoe cake topper to wow the most fashion forward customer.
How to make a gumpaste sugar shoe cake topper tutorial.
Watch this tutorial as I talk you through how to make this simple but yet stunning edible sugar shoe cake topper.
Included in this kit
• Polystyrene Large Shoe former
• Polystyrene heel former
• 4 Piece plastic cutter set – shoe sole, heel design, front design, shoe strap
• Silicone heel mould
• Pack of bamboo skewers
• Dvd Tutorial
• Step by step guide
• Shoe template – Ann (topper not included)
• Shoe template – Alex (topper not included)
Other tools used not in this kit
PME stitching tool
PME blade tool
Rolling pin, plain
Rolling pin , small alligator skin embosser.
Brush and water for sticking
Gumpaste or modelling paste
I used Marcia Brown white modelling paste coloured in black, red and tan light brown.
Instructions as seen in video above.
- Make the heel using approx 20g of modelling Gumpaste, by pressing the paste into the mould until smooth.
- Insert skewer halfway through the paste from the narrow end opening of the heel mould. Guide it through the Gumpaste buy twisting it and make sure it’s not coming out through the sides of the paste
- Freeze mould with Gumpaste heel for 20 mins to firm it up. This helps to keep the heel shape when taking it out.
- Take mould out of freezers and gently ease the heel out of the mould.
- Roll our red Gumpaste and. Cut out piece big enough to cover the inner side of the heel.
- Place Gumpaste heel on the polystyrene heel former as seen in video.
- Roll out 2 large pieces of Gumpaste 1 black and one red and cutout out two shoe soles using the shoe sole cutter.
- Place the red sole cut out under the black one and glue with water.
- Apply a small amount of water on the Gumpaste heel and attach the 2 soles with the red piece facing down and black on top.
- Cut out another sole piece using the tan brown gumpaste and use blade to cut a piece of the toe area and use water to glue this over the black sole to form a shoe lining
- Use the PME stitching tool on the edges of the shoe sole lining.
- Roll out 2 pieces of black Gumpaste and tan brown gumpaste.
- Emboss the black Gumpaste piece with the small aligator skin embossing rolling pin
- Place the embossed black gumpaste over the tan brown gumpaste piece
- Cut out the 1 piece using the heel design cutter and 1 piece using the front shoe cutter. You should have one side tan brown and one side black
- Use the PME stitching tool to make stitching marks on the too pieces, both sides
- Use water to attach the shoe front cut out with the tan colour facing down and black on top.
- Use water to attach the heel cut out make sure this piece is partially covering the heel to hide the layers of the soles.
- Roll and cut out one black strip for the ankle strap, emboss and attach to the heel piece, Use ankle support dummy to support strap. I used a gold cake lace sequence piece as the shoe buckle clip. See how to make this in my previous tutorial Nigerian fashion inspired george lace wrapper cake.
- Make a 4 piece bow And attach to back of shoe a seen in video.
Leave shoe to dry overnight or for 1 day. I keep the skewer in to act as support when attaching to cake, but you can remove this if you wish. Marcia Brown demon trusted how to do this in the DVD tutorial included in the kit.
Dont forget to purchase your own kit here
Hope you have fun making this simple shoe cake topper. Please share yours of shoe cake toppers images in comments section below or our Facebook page.
Imspiration on other shoe cake designs check out my Cakes for ladies Cakes gallery.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRBE on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3BFIRBIwTAOjrxg2z82vw
Like and Follow me on Facebook . https://www.facebook.com/cakesandsugarcraftsupplies/