Lemon and raspberry cake recipe
For the cake
- 225g butter
- 380 caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 310g self-raising flour
- 180ml milk
- 80ml lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
For the filling
- Raspberry jam
- Swiss meringue buttercream (see recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 4.
- Grease and line three 6 inch tins.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix
- Add milk and flour alternately to the creamed mixture
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour mixture equally into the prepared tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Insert a tooth skewer in centre to test if cake is cooked. it will come out clean if cake is ready.
- Allow cakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes before covering with foil.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, level the cakes and decorate.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRBE on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3BFIRBIwTAOjrxg2z82vw
Like and Follow me on Facebook . https://www.facebook.com/cakesandsugarcraftsupplies/
Good day buci,
Pls do u mean the zest of three whole lemons ,then pls can I reduce d sugar
zest from 3 lemons
You can play around with the recipe to suit your taste. i have not tried it with less sugar. let me know how how it comes out